1. Policy Statement
BIBLE PATTERN CHURCH (“BPC”) is committed to protecting personal data and respecting the rights of our associates (by associates we mean: BPC Members, Family and Friends). BPC values the personal information entrusted to us, and we respect that trust, by complying with the provisions of the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 (the “Regulation”) issued by the National Information Technology Development Agency.
This policy is designed to provide you with information on how your personal data will be treated by BPC. And it is subject to change at any time without notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected].
2. Your Consent
If you agree to the terms and conditions of this policy, you have consented to:
• Give us your personal information
• Give us permission to process, use and store your data for the purpose stated or as may be communicated to you.
Please note that the provision of your personal information is voluntary. You have the right to object to the processing of your data by withholding your personal information whenever we request your consent to process your data.
In line with appropriate regulations, BPC will obtain and/or process your data under the following conditions:
• You give us your consent to process your data for one or more purposes.
• It is required to compliance with a legal obligation to which Bible Pattern Church is subject to.
Also note that you have the right to withdrawal your consent at any time. See next paragraph for more on your rights.
3. Your Rights
• Your Right To Withdraw Consent
You have the right, to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. You can request to cancel your consent through our online self-service or by e-mailing us or through a phone call.
• Your Right To Access, Change, Delete, Restrict, Object Or Copy
You have the rights to: access your data, and to copy; rectify or delete your information; restrict or object to the processing of your data stored on our database.
• Your Right to Complain and to Seek Redress
Whenever you feel your personal information is misapplied or misused in any way, please contact us immediately stating the issue and what needs to be corrected, You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint, and we will work to resolve the issue within 30 days of acknowledging receipt of the complaint.
Please note that withdrawal of your consent will take effect from the day the issue is resolved, it will have no effect on data processing already performed during the period of consent. Should you ever wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
4. Our Responsibilities
The following personal data, amongst others, may be collected from you: name, address, gender, age range, marital status, mobile number, email address, location, occupation, online identifier and any other data we may deem necessary for our processing.
We generally do not share your personal data with third parties except where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law. Data collected will be used only for the purpose Bible Pattern Church requires it. These include:
• Maintain a list of our associates
• Update BPC associates database
• Associate's profiling to determine appropriate service that meets individual needs
• Members follow-up for welfare purposes
• Disseminate relevant information to our associates
• Produce demographic feedback for strategic planning.
• Archive or statistical purpose
Whenever we need to further process your data outside what is stated herein or when collated, we will provide you with information on such other purpose(s) and request your consent.
You can always update or delete your personal data provided to Bible Pattern Church through our online self-service or by e-mailing us or through a phone call.
5. Collection and Data Storage
We may collect your data by telephone, SMS, survey or web forms, cookies, APIs (JSON, Rest).
Bible Pattern Church will delete your personal data where:
• It is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
• You withdraw your consent to the processing of your data.
• You object to the processing of your personal data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
• Compliance with a legal obligation requires the erasure of your personal data.
6. Data Security and Protection
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
This Policy only covers the operations of Bible Pattern Church on our website and other social media platforms used by us. Any third party’s website or channels to which we may provide links may have in place their own privacy and data protection policies, which may differ from ours. BPC accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of the information you provide on any such third party’s platforms.
By using Bible Pattern Church website, you assume all risks associated with the use of the site, including any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file that might be transmitted or activated via BPC website or your access to it. Bible Pattern Church shall not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained on the BPC website.